EVENT: The Charlotte Jumper Classic
WHAT: The premier equestrian event in the Carolinas and home to one of the richest grand prix events in the United States. The Charlotte Jumper Classic is an American Grand Prix Association event, FEI sanctioned, CSI 5* show.
WHERE: Charlotte Bobcats Arena, 333 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
WHEN: April 11-13, 2008
Friday, April 11 - 6:00 p.m.
$15,000 Junior/Amateur-Owner Competition
$50,000 Charlotte Welcome Stake
Saturday, April 12 - 12:30 p.m.
$15,000 Junior/Amateur-Owner Accumulator
$25,000 International Competition
$25,000 Accumulator Competition
Sunday, April 13 - 1:00 p.m.
$50,000 Charlotte Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Classic
The $500,000 Grand Prix of Charlotte for the Charlotte Bobcats Cup
HIGHLIGHTS: The Charlotte Jumper Classic is a signature fundraising event for the Bobcats Youth Foundation, which focuses on improving the lives of children and youth in the community. The upcoming 2008 Charlotte Jumper Classic will benefit the Bobcats Youth Foundation's three signature initiatives - building reading and technology centers, resurfacing outdoor basketball courts and supporting the Presbyterian Hospital Community Care Cruiser, a mobile health clinic providing needed healthcare to disadvantaged children.
* Thursday, April 10 - Welcome Reception featuring great food, spirits and entertainment, casual attire at an outdoor event that is Invitation Only
* Friday, April 11 - Charlotte Jumper Classic Luncheon featuring Steve Stephens, CJC Course Designer and 2008 Olympics Show Jumping Course Designer. Tickets and table sponsorship available. Proceeds benefit the Bobcats Youth Foundation.
* Tented rider hospitality village providing complimentary food and beverage
* Expanded competition ring
* Commemorative fifth anniversary gift items for riders and rider support team
* Well appointed stabling area and schooling ring
* Live broadcast of competition inside schooling ring area
* Great entertainment
* Wide array of vendors
* Rider Pavilion to continue to educate the public on the growing equestrian industry and to introduce new fans to the sport. Features include mini horsemanship seminars and industry information for both the novice and seasoned rider
* Host hotel within walking distance of the Charlotte Bobcats Arena
* $700,000 in overall prize money
ADMISSION: Price level one seating - $25.00 per session
Price level two seating - $15.00 per session
Child's tickets - $5.00 for all shows
VIP SEATING: VIP Seating is available to sponsors and donors and includes Front Court hospitality. For more information contact LaRita Barber at 704-688-8790, e-mail email@example.com
or visit http://www.charlottejumperclassic.com
PARKING: More than 30,000 parking spaces are available within walking distance of the arena. To purchase advance parking for an event, or view directions, please visit the directions or parking page at http://www.CharlotteBobcatsArena.com
for additional information. Prices range from $7.00-15.00 per day.
I-77 from the South - Exit at either John Belk Freeway (I-277) or Trade Street
I-77 from the North - Exit at either Brookshire Freeway (I-277 East), 5th Street, Trade Street or John Belk Freeway (I-277)
I-85 from the South - Exit at the Billy Graham Parkway, take the Billy Graham Parkway to I-77 North, exit at either I-277 North or Trade Street
I-85 from the North - Exit at the I-77 exit at either John Belk Freeway (I-277) or Trade Street
Inside the City:
Brookshire Freeway (I-277) from the West - Exit at either I-77 South or Brevard Street. NC49/US29 from the Northeast - Follow Tryon Street to Uptown, Charlotte Bobcats Arena is one block east of the intersection of Trade and Tryon Streets
Airport - Follow Josh Birmingham Parkway 1.4 miles to Billy Graham Parkway South. Proceed on Billy Graham Parkway to I-77 North. Exit at either John Belk Freeway (I-277) or Trade Street
Marriott Charlotte City Center
100 West Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202 (.2mi away)
1-800-228-9290 or 704-358-6579
*Ask for Charlotte Jumper Classic rate*http://www.marriott.com
ADDITIONAL NEARBY HOTELS:
Holiday Inn Charlotte, Center City, 230 N. College St., 704-335-5400 (.1mi away)
Hilton Charlotte, 222 East Third St. 704-377-1500 (.2mi away)
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown, 530 E. Second St., 704-333-9213 (.3mi away)
AmeriSuites Coliseum, 4119 South Stream Blvd, 704-357-8555
Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, 2800 Coliseum Centre Drive, 704-357-1414
Sleep Inn Coliseum, 701 Yorkmont Road, 704-525-5005
Wyndham Garden Hotel, 2600 Yorkmont Road, 704-357-9100
Box office locations and hours:
* Charlotte Bobcats Arena offers event guests convenient ways to purchase tickets to arena events online, by phone, at the arena's on-site box office window, or at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center box office.
* Online at CharlotteBobcatsArena.com - The arena offers tickets to its events at CharlotteBobcatsArena.com. The Bobcats' in-house ticketing solution allows guests a fan-friendly system through which they can view schedules of all upcoming arena events then search for tickets by price, by seat or by best available option. The Bobcats partnered with ticket enabler Paciolan for this state-of-the-art infrastructure.
* Telephone - Tickets are available via toll-free phone at 1-800-495-2295.
* Charlotte Bobcats Arena Box Office - Charlotte Bobcats Arena box office is located on the Club Concourse level in the lobby mid-way between the Trade Street and Fifth Street entrances. It features 16 box office windows, with six accessible from the outside. Box Office Hours - Box Office hours are 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday; 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Saturday; and closed Sunday.
* Blumenthal Performing Arts Center Ticket Outlet - Blumenthal Performing Arts Center ticket outlet is located in Founder's Hall at 130 North Tryon Street in Uptown Charlotte. Ticket Outlet Hours: Ticket Outlet hours are 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday-Saturday; and closed Sunday.
Guests with disabilities:
Charlotte Bobcats Arena takes pride in its efforts to meet the needs of all guests. The arena satisfies, and in many cases, exceeds the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. These are some of the services available to our guests with disabilities:
* Access to Charlotte Bobcats Arena - We recommend that guests with disabilities access the arena on the Fifth Street side near the disabled drop-off location. Guests with disabilities also can access the arena through the Trade Street entrance during regular box office hours (10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday; 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Saturday; and closed Sunday).
* Wheelchair and Companion Seating - Wheelchair and companion seating is available at various locations throughout Charlotte Bobcats Arena. Wheelchair users shall be limited to one (1) wheelchair and three (3) companion seats per event [or any combination of seats not exceeding four (4) seats]. Additional companion and/or wheelchair seats will be sold on a case-by-case basis. To purchase wheelchair and companion seating, please call VOICE: 1-800-495-2295 or TTY/TTD 1-800-735-8262. Please be advised that Charlotte Bobcats Arena reserves the right to take appropriate legal action against individuals who fraudulently obtain wheelchair and companion seating.
* Assistive Listening System (ALS) - Charlotte Bobcats Arena has been equipped with the most advanced ALS. Assisted listening devices are available to guests who are hard of hearing, blind or partially sighted at no charge at Guest Services. A driver's license, credit card or some form of identification will be required as a deposit. Guests who choose to bring their own headset and receiver may access the system on a standard FM broadcast.
* Guide Dogs and Service Animals - Animals are not allowed in Charlotte Bobcats Arena; however, an exception is made for guests with guide dogs or service animals. Please contact our ADA Coordinator if any accommodations are required.
* Interpreting Services - Guests requiring interpreting services for concerts should contact our ADA Coordinator no later than three weeks after concert ticket sales begin.
* If you require assistance while visiting Charlotte Bobcats Arena, please contact an usher or staff member, or visit our Guest Services, where Representative will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please e-mail us with any additional questions regarding guests with disabilities.
CHARLOTTE JUMPER CLASSIC
333 East Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Contact: LaRita Barber, Executive Director
Web site: http://www.charlottejumperclassic.com
Director of Corporate Communications, Charlotte Bobcats Arena
Corporate Communications Manager
---------------------- It's easy! Just copy code below and paste into your webpage --------------------
<a href="http://www.equestrianmag.com/article/charlotte-jumper-classic-facts-02-08.html">2008 Charlotte Jumper Classic Fast Facts</a> ~ EquestrianMag.com