São Paulo, Brazil – Modern technology provides a unique armchair opportunity to preview all the horses scheduled to go under the hammer at Coudelaria Ilha Verde’s 11th International Luso-Brasileiro Auction on Saturday, May 10th, 2008.
The following URL will open the first page of the 2008 auction catalogue, which provides photographs, video clips and links to the ABPSL (Associação Brasileira de Criadores do Cavalo Puro Sangue Lusitano/Brazilian Association for Pure-bred Lusitanos) website with full genealogical reports for every horse.http://www.cavalolusitano.com.br/en/leilao.asp?PagAtual=1amp;cat=/a
If you are unable to attend the auction, telephone bidding will be available via friendly bi-lingual personnel, and further information, reservations, pre-registrations, and DVDs are available upon request via the Coudelaria Ilha Verde website:http://www.cavalo-lusitano.com.br
Once again, the 11th International Luso-Brasileiro Auction has gathered together a spectacular collection of Lusitanos from superior bloodlines and titled competition stock. Some are already competing and demonstrating excellent potential for high level dressage, while others are multi-talented and waiting for the right partner to steer their versatility in other directions.
• Violino: Among the auction lots being offered, one of the stars is undoubtedly Violino, from whom covering services will be auctioned to 20 lucky mare owners who offer winning bids. Violino is a son of legendary and multi-titled Veiga sire, Ofensor – considered to be one of the foundation stallions of the modern Lusitano breed, who was Champion of Champions at the Golegã International Horse Fair in 1999. Perhaps more importantly, Ofensor’s offspring have also won many championship titles and continue to perpetuate the glory of their sire’s extraordinary bloodline.
Violino himself has never been beaten in competition, winning various age-group championships and now also producing offspring that are claiming coveted victories.
• Xis VO: Ribatejo, Traquina, Zique, Vaqueija, Visqueiro, Quieto and Nieta are just some of the bloodlines that make Xis VO the Brazilian stallion with the highest percentage of Veiga blood offered at this auction. A dark bay son of Navalha, and a brother of Sol VO, Xis is a handsome six-year-old with great potential as both a competitor and a sire.
• Zatar VO: A five-year-old son of Sol VO and, therefore, a nephew of Xis, Zatar is a beautiful stallion out of Pimenta do Top who is already showing an aptitude for high-level dressage. Standing at 1m60/15.3hh and with an amazingly docile temperament, Zatar is competition ready and in the right hands has championship potential.
• Zeus VO: A beautiful son of Donaire, Zeus is highly typical of the Baroque Lusitano type, packaged inside a stunning buckskin coat that is so sought-after and appreciated. Already showing an aptitude for “haute ecole,” Zeus was inscribed in morphology at the 27th International Pure-bred Lusitano Horse Festival.
• Amuleto VO: A showstopper with his dark palomino coat and flowing silver mane, Amuleto stunningly combines male elegance, presence and docility, and could well be a highlight of the 11th International Luso-Brasileiro Auction.
Turning to a beautiful collection of mares that includes …
• Africa VO: A highlight among the females offered at this auction, Africa VO illustrates Coudelaria Ilha Verde’s vision of the modern Lusitano. With a proven track record and gold medals to her name, she continues to make distinctive progress and will make an eye-catching partner for a competitive rider.
• Aurora VO: A delightfully versatile mare who has already won championship gold medals and is in-foal to Quadro do Top. An excellent breeding prospect.
Or a complete package …
• Zangada VO: An extremely rare opportunity to acquire a mare with such noble bloodlines: twice Traquina and twice Visqueiro in her pedigree. Her reproductive qualities are proven by the beautiful colt that accompanies her: Distinto VO – a son of Quadro do Top. Zangada is also in foal to the same stallion, so this lot offers a remarkable three-in-one package for a breeding beginner.
Veterinary reports and x-rays, as well as piroplasmosis-negative certification are available for all the above-mentioned horses.
These Lusitano profiles offer a brief insight into some 30 lots that will be offered during the 11th International Luso-Brasileiro Auction that is scheduled to take place at Coudelaria Ilha verde on Saturday, May 10th, 2008.
If you would like to attend the auction as well as the Internation Lusitano Festival, places are still available on a 12-day group tour, arriving in São Paulo on Thursday, May 8th, during which the first two days will be spent at Couldelaria Ilha Verde, where you will have the opportunity to ride, interact with Lusitanos, and participate in other equestrian activities, graciously hosted by Victor Oliva. For further information about this trip, please e-mail: email@example.com
For further information about Coudelaria Ilha Verde and the 11th International Luso-Brasileiro Auction, please go to: http://www.cavalolusitano.com.br
---------------------- It's easy! Just copy code below and paste into your webpage --------------------
<a href="http://www.equestrianmag.com/article/international-lusitano-auction-04-08.html">International Lusitano Auction</a> ~ EquestrianMag.com