Best Riding Breeches For Summer (A Buyer's Guide)
The best riding breeches for Summer are the ones that allow you to look hot, without feeling too hot. And we have some stunning options that allow you to do just that.
Unlike regular breeches, Summer riding breeches have some very specific requirements. They need to be lightweight enough for riding in the Summer heat, they should offer you protection against the sun’s harmful UV rays, and they also have to deal with sweaty riding conditions.
We found a few excellent options for men and women that deal with those hot weather conditions, so take a look at our review of the best horse riding breeches for Summer. There’s something here for everyone, no matter your size, shape, budget, or riding discipline.
We also included a Summer breeches buyer’s guide, to help you when purchasing your new breeches for Summer.
Best Riding Breeches For Summer (Our Review)
Ice Fil Full Seat Tech Tights (Best Tech)
- 80% Nylon
- 20% Spandex
- UPF 50 Sun protection
Stay cool in the heat with Ice Fil technology. The innovative synergy fabric of these riding tights converts sweat to cooling energy while offering you maximum stretch and breathability. Add to that UPF50+ protection and this is a real winner for Summer.
No slipping around in the saddle when you’re wearing these full seat breeches as they have Kerrits Stick anti-slip properties to keep you securely seated.
There’s also the convenience of side pockets. They are not the cheapest out there, but you’re getting good value for money.
You’ll be super comfy in these tights by Kerrits. Full-figured ladies will be pleased to know that these tights are available in 7 sizes from x-small all the way through to 2X. So no one needs to feel left out.
There are 11 fun colors to choose from, so there’s no excuse not to look fabulous while riding in the Summer heat.
- Ice Fil cooling technology
- UPF50+ protection
- Kerrits Stick anti-slip full seat
- 7 sizes and 11 colors
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Not suitable for trail riding amidst prickly bushes etc
- Maybe a bit expensive for some
TuffRider Men’s Cotton Full Seat Breech (Best Value For Money For Men)
- Known for durability
- Made with spandex material for stretch
- Unique detailing
These attractive lightweight Summer breeches are a really great deal. Thanks to the breathability of 92% cotton and the stretch of 8% lycra in the fabric, you’ll stay cool and comfortable while out on your ride.
Available in sizes 30-40 and 3 classic colors, you’re sure to find the right pair for you. Cotton breeches are often more expensive, but these cotton-rich breeches are available at a very affordable price.
This makes them the best breeches for men for Summer, but they’re also great in slightly cooler weather.
These full seat breeches feature contoured sock bottoms, a front fly zip, belt loops, and handy front zip pockets for keeping all of your essentials safe while you’re out riding.
- Cotton-rich fabric
- Wide range of sizes
- Synthetic suede Ultra Gripp full seat
- Contoured sock bottoms
- Front pockets with zips
- No fancy tech here
Free Ride Equestrian Women’s Show Riding Breeches (Best For Events)
- ➡️ COMFORTABLE TO WEAR: Our breeches are made of a durable 4-way stretch fabric, they are the most comfortable breeches/ tights on the market!
- ➡️ CELL PHONE POCKET: The perfect shape cell pocket on hip, easy to access but holds your phone safe and tight.
- ➡️ ELEGANT DESIGN: Our breeches and tights suit all body types and have a flattering fit with a sleek design.
- ➡️ SUITABLE FOR EVERY WOMAN: sizes range from XXS-XXL and our fabric offers just enough stretch and compression to create the most flattering fit.
- ➡️ SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Free Ride Equestrian strives to create products our customers will love.
These lightweight Summer riding tights come in beige or black, in 6 sizes.
They offer enough stretch and compression to fit you perfectly, no matter your body shape or size.. A hip pocket keeps your phone safe and secure.
These popular full-seat horse riding breeches with added ventilation are known for being comfortable, and they are also lightweight enough for wearing in the summer heat.
They have a grippy full seat of silicone to keep you secure in the saddle.
- Available in 6 sizes from XX-Small through to X-Large
- Added ventilation
- Lightweight fabric
- Full seat
- Hip pocket for mobile phone
- Only 2 colors
Willit Women’s Riding Tights (Best For Women On A Budget)
- Stretchy & Breathable Fabric: Stretchy, breathable fabric wicks sweat to keep your ride comfortable from beginning to end. A new composition of specially twisted yarns for incredible stretch and recovery
- Silicone Knee Patches: The Ladies Breeches come with a high-quality knee-patch that ensures a comfortable, non-slip ride in all disciplines and gives these breeches a trendy, retro look
- Secure Zip Pockets: Convenient side zip pockets for you to carry along your keys, phone or any item that you would like to bring with you
- Pull Up Comfort: Wide waistband with belt loops delivers a comfortable fit and stay-put confidence
- The breeches hug you all around and give you the style and confidence that you so desire when riding. These Women's Horse Riding tights are multi-functional, for any type of sport
Available in 7 fun colors and 6 sizes, these stylish legging-style horse riding pants for Summer are lightweight, comfortable, and suitable for many sports. Best of all, they cost about a third of the price of the Free Ride Equestrian Breeches, making these the best summer breeches for women on a budget.
The quick-dry, moisture-wicking 4-way stretch fabric makes these tights perfect for those hot, sweaty summer rides. UPF50+ protection is also embedded in the fabric, to keep you safe in the sun. So you’ll stay cool in the heat, but you’ll also be comfy. There are even zip pockets for carrying all your essentials.
While there have been a few users who aren’t keen on the texture, the overwhelming majority of users love the fit and feel of this product. They fit well even on taller ladies, and the high waistband is comfortable and flattering.
Add to that the non-slip knee patches, and silicone gripper design at the leg hems, and what we have here is a truly multi-functional item of activewear suitable for Summer riding, at a terrific price.
- Available in 7 colors, and 6 sizes from X-Small to XX-Large
- Moisture-wicking fabric with UPF50+ protection
- Non-slip knee patches
- Grip hems to keep pants from riding up
- Zip pockets
- Some users felt the fabric had a slippery texture that they didn’t like
Tailored Sportsman Men’s Breeches (Best Quality Men’s Breeches)
Gentleman, we have a classic pair of Summer riding breeches for you. Top-quality cotton-rich fabric for breathability with added microfiber and lycra for stretch, these are made in the USA and are perfect for Summer riding.
These breeches feature a front fly zipper, knee patches, wide belt loops, velcro ankle closures, 2 slanted front pockets, and deep back pockets with buttons. Everything you need in one pair of comfortable yet stylish-looking breeches.
Available in 3 classic colors (white, black, and tan) in sizes 30-38, you will look your best while out on a ride. But be warned, they are rather expensive. That said, if your comfort is important to you, and you’re looking for good quality, these lightweight Summer breeches are worth the investment.
- Cotton rich fabric with added stretch
- Knee patches
- Variety of sizes
- Velcro ankle closures to keep your pants neatly tucked into your boots
- Lots of pockets
- Not budget-friendly
Horze Nordic Performance Riding Pants (Best Sporty Style For Women)
- FULL SEAT: The dressage-inspired full seat with silicone grip helps you stick in the saddle and improves rider position.
- MID-RISE: The mid-rise waist is the most comfortable and versatile waistband that flatters all riders. Simple front closure looks sleek under your coat.
- SMOOTH BACK: No rear pockets gives a clean, fresh look to the back of this breech. It has no pockets to interfere with the smooth lines.
- WIDE WAISTBAND: The wide waistband offers comfort and won't bind or pinch at your waist.
- NO BULK AT THE LEG: Elastic stretch lower leg is trim under the boot and helps with a close contact ride.
In sizes 22-34 and a section of 7 stunning colors, these silicone-grip full-seat breeches have a sporty design complete with the Horze logo and distinctive piping.
Made of a blend of nylon and spandex, they are comfortable, breathable, and lightweight enough for use in summer, but still offer great support and a very flattering fit. And the built-in UPF50+ protection will protect you from the blazing sun’s harmful UV rays.
The mid-rise, wide waistband offers added comfort in the mid-section while seated in the saddle. And you’ll feel secure in that saddle thanks to the silicone-grip full seat. You also won’t have to worry about these riding pants riding up; the elasticized leg bottoms ensure a neat fit under your boots.
- Silicone grip full seat
- An extensive range of sizes and colors is available
- Trendy and sporty .design
- UPF50+ and UV protection for your safety in the Summer sun
- A wide waistband and elasticized leg bottoms
- Not the best option if you are on a tight budget
Summer Riding Breeches Buyer’s Guide
Breathability Of The Fabric
For a fabric to be considered “breathable”, it should have the ability to allow moisture vapor to be transmitted through it.
This natural material is breathable, lightweight, absorbent, and extremely durable.
It keeps you cool in Summer and warm in Winter, which makes it excellent for use in riding breeches. Materials such as Elastane or Lycra are usually added to give the fabric more stretch, such as in the TuffRider Men’s Cotton Full Seat Breech and the Tailored Sportsman Men’s Breeches.
Nylon is extensively used in activewear, like in the Horze Nordic Performance Riding Pants and the Ice Fil Full Seat Tech Tights. Even though it is a synthetic material, it offers a degree of breathability. It wicks moisture and dries more quickly than cotton. Nylon tends to retain odors, though.
Some styles of Summer riding tights like the Free Ride Equestrian Women’s Show Riding Breeches have added ventilation to keep you cool in the Summer heat.
This added ventilation in some breeches can take the form of needle-punch or laser-cut mesh panels. But if the breeches or tights you’re wearing are made of lightweight, breathable fabric with moisture-wicking properties, that should suffice.
Moisture-wicking is an innovative technology common in Summer riding breeches like the Willit Women’s Riding Tights, that takes sweat and relocates it to the exterior of the fabric.
According to research, cotton can absorb 7% of its weight in water or sweat whereas polyester only absorbs 0.4% of its weight in water or sweat. While cotton is more effective at absorbing moisture, it lacks the quick-drying properties of synthetic fabrics.
UVF/UPF Protection Factor
This is a must-have feature for Summer breeches, as it offers you protection against the harmful UV rays you’ll be exposed to when riding in hot weather. UPF is a universal rating system that measures the effectiveness of fabric- at blocking harmful Ultraviolet rays.
UPF protection in the fabric is specially designed to block both UVA and UVB rays. UPF50+ is the highest UPF rating clothing can have, so look out for this when selecting breeches for hot Summer riding.
Examples of these are the Ice Fil Full Seat Tech Tights, as well as the Willit Women’s Riding Tights and the Horze Nordic Performance Riding Pants.